Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn, my God, do you learn.

-C.S. Lewis



Stream In January

Stream In January

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"30"

That was the temperature at 7:00 am.

My husband suffered a serious injury to his arm last summer and had to have emergency surgery to save it. When the surgeon came out of the operating room to talk to me his words were "We stepped over a big snake. The arm is OK." Well we stepped over a snake last night. Thankfully the frost was light and, as far as I can tell this morning, everything looks fine. I did make a last minute decision to cover tomatoes, peppers and eggplant and dahlias, but the bulk of the garden was not protected and is good.

The temps tonight will probably be high 30's, but after that it looks like clear sailing. I hope no more "snakes" in the garden other than the 2 living there that I see almost everyday.

1 comment:

vicree said...

Your decision to cover the tenderest of your plants was surely a wise one. We had low temperatures also, but not low enough to do damage. However, the wind took its toll; the sweet corn was blown waaaaay over. I think we can always expect some disappointments when we put our hearts and souls into gardening, but over the years I have found the rewards far, far out-weigh them.

Here's to clear sailing!!!!