Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn, my God, do you learn.

-C.S. Lewis



Stream In January

Stream In January

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Seed Starting

I started 2 flats of seed today. I think the picture looks like big pans of brownies, but it's actually lettuce, cilantro, parsley and pansies. I should have enough seedlings to share with the young gardeners at the Boy's and Girl's Club and some for my own use. I'll post follow-up pictures as the seeds emerge.

The weather is spectacular. Yesterday and today the temps have been close to 60. The bees are quite active. They have consumed almost a half quart of sugar syrup in the last 2 days. I'll keep feeding until I'm sure they can survive on their own.

Not much else today. Just enjoying the weather.

2 comments:

vicree said...

What a lot of seed pots! Did I count right? A hundred or more?
Reminds me of my first gardening efforts many years ago. My enthusiasm knew no bounds, so I had an acre plowed and I planted every inch of it. Nevermind that I lived an hour away and also had to haul water in a fifty-five gallon drum. But it was, for some unknown reason, my most successful garden ever. I gave away bushels and bushels of stuff.
I trust your efforts will be as rewarding and if you ever need me to, I can teach you how to beg and plead with your friends, neighbors and even perfect strangers to take at least a bushel or two of produce home with them.

Lynn said...

Yes, 100 little pots. I'm not sure seed starting is for me, but if they all sprout I know I'll be excited and ready to tackle some some. At least I got my hands in some dirt!